Microsoft Innovative Educator

Microsoft Innovative Educator

Friday, August 4, 2017

DonorsChoose: Support for Military Families

On the Fourth of July, DonorsChoose enthusiasts were tempted with an offer we couldn't refuse. Just follow @craignewmark on Twitter and receive a $10 code for DonorsChoose to support classrooms with children from military families. Sounds easy enough. Right? As an educator and member of DonorsChoose, it is always great to give back. Thank you to @craignewmark for this campaign and I look forward to more great news about your mission. This Blog Is Why getting the code was easy, finding the project to support not so much.

So, how did I solve my problem? Interested teachers were encouraged to enter a contest with simple rules: 1) "Like" the MsClassNSession Facebook blogger page 2) Comment with a link to your project. View the video below to see the winner:

I wish I could do more to support these classrooms and help them get funded. One of the ways that I have been able to get my own projects funded is by sharing, sharing, sharing. So, as an additional show of support, I am sharing all of the projects entered in the contest through my blog and social media platforms.


Project Links: 
Project: Being The Best Me I Can Be (Donations are matched)
Project: One Chance. One Dream. One Team. (Donations are matched; Will in 14days)
**Fully Funded** Project: Carpeto Equipo 
**Fully Funded** Project: Hands on Learning to Start Our Day (Donations are matched)
Project: Learning Innovative Techniques In Our Reading

Best of Luck for funding your projects! #kidsdeserveit

No comments:

Post a Comment